1.1 Shortlist voting ends 31/03/2019
1.2 All votes will be sorted into categories before votes are counted
1.3 Each category shortlist will be made up of the five businesses that received the most number of votes in that category
1.4 Businesses will be removed from the final shortlist and replaced with the business with the next highest number of votes if they do not fit the following definition of independent business;
• The majority of the business’ ownership is private, by employees, the community, or an area cooperative, and is resident to the community in which it’s based
• The business relies solely on its unique name and reputation (ie, does not “wear” a regionally or nationally recognised brand name)
• Full decision making function for the business is held by the local owner(s), including the name, signage, brand, appearance, purchasing, etc.
• The business is solely responsible for paying its own rent, marketing, and other expenses
• The business has no more than six outlets
2. Final vote
2.1 Final vote voting ends 31/04/2019
2.1 Each category will have a single select multiple choice vote to decide the winner
2.2 The winner of each category will be selected based on the number of individual votes on each multiple choice question
3.1 Any votes made from the same IP address may be grouped if deemed as spam voting.
3.2 All decisions made by organisers Hype Independent Ltd are final.